FPI TAX ADVISORY & COMPLIANCE
India witnesses a considerable quantum of foreign investment from Foreign Portfolio Investors (FPI). The wide basket of securities in which FPIs can invest in, coupled with ease in the regulatory framework, has made the FPI route a suitable mode of foreign investment in India.
Given the voluminous nature of transactions undertaken by FPIs on a daily basis, efficiency in tax costs and tax compliances are imperative factors for FPIs to enable the undertake investment activities in India.
We offer the following services to our clients making investments in India under the FPI route:
- advising on suitable investment structure for setting up Funds for investment in India including jurisdictional analysis and assistance in implementing the identified investment structure
- advising on the tax implications (including the implications of indirect transfer provisions) in the case of reorganizations under taken outside India
- determining the eligibility criteria for registration as FPI and assistance in obtaining the registration by liaising with the Designated Depository Participant
- assisting in obtaining a Permanent Account Number
- providing on-going tax compliance services which inter alia include computing the tax liability on a daily basis, issuing certificates determining the tax liability
- assisting in preparing and filing the annual return of income
- providing tax litigation assistance, including representation services